16.12.11

Angels Have Paws - Poem By Annette King Tucker

They often find me when my life has got me down
I have purpose when I know that they're around
In every pair of eyes, there's an angel in disguise
For the joy they bring makes it impossible to frown


Sometimes they know me better than I do
When I'm feeling a little sad, lonely and blue
They insist I stop to play, and my blues just fade away
And I'm thankful for a friend so smart and true
And when my little angels get old and gray
And their light on Earth begins to fade away
The hole within my heart is left gaping when they part
But they always seem to fill it with a stray


We say we care for them, but I know better
Every furry friend and bird of every feather
They come into our life, an end to loneliness and strife
Creating purpose, hope and memories we treasure
So when that aching need for a friend begins to smart
A purchase isn't where you need to start
A rescue is a place where an angel has a face
'Adoption' means "Chosen by the heart".


Momo and Sparky were rescued amidst rubble and construction work,  when they were barely 4 weeks old. Their mommy was malnourished and could hardly fend for herself. 3 of their siblings have found their own loving families, save for Momo and Sparky still clinging on to that tiny dash of hope . . . . . will you give them a home?

Now if you don't believe in Angels or their cause
I ask you reconsider and take pause
They are around us every day, disguised as lost or stray
And will find you not on wings, but tired paws.
A stray puppy found at a construction site.
Written from the heart by :
Annette King-Tucker


Note from Fiona : While you celebrate and give love this Christmas, spare a thought for all the homeless dogs waiting for a home; locked in kennels indefinitely, passed around from foster to foster, clinging on to the dream and hope that they will someday have a place to call home and to have a family of their own. 

Happy Christmas everyone and thank you for reading our blog.